So I did 2 more paintings. I took pictures of them on the wall, so they might look a little crooked. It is much better to take pictures before you hang them up. The kids just love having their pictures. I always wait until I have a new one for each of them before we hang them up. Then we all go upstairs and hang the new pictures in their rooms. Anastasia has been helping to decide how her pictures will be arranged. I'll have to take a picture of her "gallery" once I have stopping this painting streak.
The other thing that I have really been enjoying lately is cooking. Maybe it is because we are cooped up with the bitter cold, but I have actually been looking for recipes and trying out some new things. Two winners so far, Chicken Piccata (the kids even ate it) and Jambalaya Pasta. The Jambalaya Pasta was really exciting because this was a dish at our favorite restaurant back in Virginia. I found a recipe online that sounded similar, made a few modifications and have just about replicated it. I know a few of you out there are familiar with this dish from Sweetwater Tavern. If anyone is interested in either one, let me know and I'll post the recipes, or email them to you!
2 comments:
Please do post the recipes, Torey, or at least e-mail them to me. :) I am hoping to make Rachael Ray's Everything Jambalaya this weekend (recipe is on food.com). I made it last year before Lent, and it is delicious. It was especially good on a cold winter day.
Okay, you're SO going to have to post a picture of all of your paintings! I want to see them all together.
I'm hoping to get around to a "22 weeks" pic sometime in the next few days, so you'll be able to see what I look like soon. It's pretty sad that we live a few yards apart and never managed to run into each other!!
Post a Comment