1.20.2008

My Little Projects



So I didn't think this up on my own, my neighbor did, but anyway. Over on Etsy there are all these artists selling paintings and prints. My neighbor saw some she really liked but couldn't really afford to buy them, so she just painted her own versions. It sounded like fun to me, so I scoured Etsy for some art to copy and also Oopsy Daisy (they have all sorts of fun kids art). I bought 11X14 canvases at Walmart (3 for $3.88) and acrylic paints. And then I painted my own paintings for the kids' rooms. Here are 4 that I have done. There is a 5th, but I haven't taken a picture of it. These are total copies but since I'm not selling them or anything, I don't think it's a big deal. Plus, I totally had fun painting them.:)

3 comments:

Anne McD said...

this is such a great idea-- I need something for Katie's walls!

Tonya Bennett said...

I am so glad you finally have a blog! The kids are getting so big and love the paintings!

Andria said...

Hey thither,

I totally love these. They look awesome! I adore the doggie one. The pink bird one is super cute too. You need to talk me through how you do these again!!! I can't wait to try!

love, me