We closed yesterday and although they claimed it would only take 30 minutes, it ended up taking an hour and a half. Sheeesh. Then they handed us the keys(ssssss) (I think there are about 12 or something). I think we'll be having new locks made (no telling who else out there has keys to our house).
Later we met the nice, older neighbors directly across the street, who told us they had lived there 40 years. (The sellers of our house had lived there for 48.) The neighbors told us our house had ALWAYS been various shades of gross green. Needless to say, they were relieved when we told them we planned to paint the house a nice neutral normal color like tan or white. They even offered to help (although I imagine they are pushing 70 years old, so I don't think we'll be taking them up on it). I can't believe they had to look at an electric green house for 40 years! Fortunately, the inside of the house is very neutral and was actually nicer than I remembered it being. We camped out and mostly got a good night's sleep. The kids and I headed back to South Dakota today and I am back to packing. This place is a complete disaster. Fortunately, I'm feeling great, no stomachaches, but I'm still not sure how I'm going to get everything packed by Saturday. Hmmm, maybe we'll be taking 2 days to load the truck.
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. And for our local friends who have offered help, I may be taking you up on it. :)
3 comments:
Those poor neighbors!! I'm sure they're thrilled to get some young blood moving in!!
Please do! The offer still stands. ;c) Or if you want me to come over and help you out sans kids, I'm free tonight. You've got my #!
WOOOOHOOOO You have KEYS!!! I agree about the locks; I will feel the same way when our time comes :) We are so happy for you guys. Make sure and take lots of photographs BEFORE you paint! That will be a GREAT blog post!! Keep praying for us!
Post a Comment