We drove up to the old place yesterday. Of course it took longer than expected because we stopped for lunch. The best part of stopping for lunch was bumping into our friends, the Krogmans. Anastasia got such a kick out of her chance meeting with her friend Peyton. We then drove the rest of the way to the old place, and proceeded to start our cleaning job around 3 in the afternoon. Or maybe it was later. I don't remember.
Anyway, our old place was pretty trashed after moving and probably not all that clean to begin with. So we then spent the next 6 hours cleaning - nonstop. The highlight of that portion was that Anastasia got to play with her friend Teyvn for most of that time and I got to spend a little time at the end with my buddy Erin. Thanks for helping us out Erin! We finally had our inspection at 10 pm, found a bite to eat and headed back to our new house.
And we pulled in the driveway at 1:30 - in the morning. Rafael was up bright and early this morning at 8 am. And I'm exhausted and my right arm is sore from all the scrubbing. But we are finally finished with moving. And at this point, I think I'm never.moving.again. And yes, we are still planning on getting a dog this afternoon. Although I may be sleepwalking through that portion of the day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment