3.09.2009

Could this be ANY more complicated?

I haven't had any time to pack today because I've been on the phone all morning, trying to buy homeowner's insurance, which I know nothing about. I also have been trying to get our health insurance with Joe's employer figured out. Which is like reading Greek.

And then the underwriter of our loan is asking the sellers to paint the shed behind the house and some cracked paint under the eaves. Of course it is too cold to paint right now, so basically they have to paint later in the spring. Now, we don't even want them to paint because we want to paint everything a completely different color, not to mention the fact that I actually wanted to paint the shed myself. (Thinking it would be the easiest thing to paint and hopefully learn what to do before trying to paint the house). But the loan won't go through without the sellers agreeing to paint the shed and the eaves. This is so incredibly complicated.

I also need to set up all the utilities to transfer to our names, and figure out what to do about internet and phone service. Does anyone out there have Vonage? And did I mention one homeowner's insurance agent was trying to get me to switch my auto insurance? Like I need anything else to deal with right now. And of course, there is still packing to do.. . . this is seriously more complicated than planning a wedding, having a baby and graduating (even if I was doing them all at the same time).

3 comments:

Sandra said...

your post has depressed me about what is to come; thanks a billion! :) ha ha BTW I might be up for a Twirl challenge :-)

good luck with all this and take notes for me!

Tonya Bennett said...

I'm sorry! You will get through it and pretty soon you will just have a house to enjoy! Greg had 6 different things on his credit when we applied for our loan that didn't belong to him. It took us the whole 9 months of building to get them off! Some guy from Sheboygan, WI has the same first and last name as Greg with the same middle initial! It was a nightmare!

jordan.krogman said...

Ugh, Torey, what a nightmare!! Wouldn't it be nice if moving was just that...Moving? Not all the extra crap that comes along with it...
Makes me tired just thinking about all of it, but you'll get it sorted out before you know it and then it will be a thing of the past. :c)