2.27.2008

Ick, Ick, Ick, Gross, Gross, Gross

Today Anastasia went outside to play in the backyard at Nana and Papa's house. For a while she was just playing with the cat and digging in the sandbox. But soon I heard a little voice at the backdoor, "Mommy, look what I found." What do you think she was holding?

A FROZEN, DEAD SQUIRREL.

I screamed of course and told her to put it down. (You'll have to forgive me for not taking a picture of her holding it.) Fortunately Nana didn't mind shoveling it up and disposing of it. I took Anastasia's coat and gloves and put them directly into the washing machine. She then washed her hands twice even though she had only touched the squirrel with her gloves. She tried to explain to me that squirrels were nice and that she had wanted to take it to the animal doctor. I tried to explain to her that it was dead and that we couldn't make it come back to life. A short while later I heard her saying a little prayer that the squirrel would get better and have a happy life. Amen.

5 comments:

jordan.krogman said...

I'm sorry, I know it really is disgusting. . .but I couldn't help but laugh SO hard at that! HOW FUNNY! I hope her little squirrel friend makes it to heaven! :)

Torey said...

Well, it was pretty funny even though I was totally grossed out by it. And it makes a good story. ;)

Anne McD said...

Oh, Torey, that is so funny-- I can see it all happening! Your little girl is so sweet to pray for the squirrl!!

Tonya Bennett said...

That is funny...I would have been freaking out too....I love that she thought to pray for the squirrel...what a sweetie!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

you narrated that story so perfectly! :)