Here are 2 more paintings I did this week. It took me so long to finally finish the dog. The tree only took about an hour start to finish. Anyway, it is ridiculously cold again. (Negative 15 with the windchill) I feel like I'm always complaining about the weather, but honestly it feels like everyone I meet is too! I swear it isn't just me.:)
5 comments:
Okay, Torey, you have GOT to post a picture of your art all together. . . I am so curious as to where/how you're displaying them! You have some serious talent. . . that dog is amazing!
Wow, I can't believe how inspired you are by the cold! I hope the warmer weather doesn't put a damper on your creative streak (although, it might just get you out of the house! Hey, you could paint landscapes this spring!:)
I absolutely LOVE that one of the tree! It is so cute. Where do you get your canvas and paints? Oh, and the talent? :) I might need some of that...
I just buy my canvases (they are flat, not stretched) at Walmart. And they are totally cheap. I also just buy acrylic paints at Walmart. I'm just copying other artists, so I print off what I want to copy. I grid the picture I want to copy (and my canvas), so I can draw it accurately (I can teach you how to do this if you want). And then I draw it and paint it. The tree picture was so easy (I could show you how to do that in about 15 minutes.) Maybe when the weather gets a little better I can show you how to do this? Trust me, it's not that hard.:)
The dog picture was a little harder b/c I actually did shading with the paint. I took lots of art in high school, so I learned that back in the day. :)
Torey...I am the least artistic person I know, so it would probably take a little longer than 15 minutes to teach me! haha. I would totally love to get together with you though and try! For sure, when you guys are feeling better and it gets a little warmer, we'll plan a date! Thanks for offering, I'm excited :)
Post a Comment