6.13.2008

The Kids These Days

No new pictures, but I thought I'd just post what the kids are like these days, so I can remember. I seem to have given up baby books a while ago, so the blog kind of serves that purpose. Guess I'll have to have a blog book made one of these days.

Rafael will be 2 next month. That is hard to believe. He is changing so much from a baby into a little boy. He adores his big sister and basically wants to do whatever she is doing. If she is outside, he wants to be outside. If she is eating watermelon, he wants to eat watermelon. They play together really well. The one thing that is so cute that he does is help me unload the groceries from the car. Of course he can only carry the lightest and smallest bags, but he takes one in the house and walks back out to the car to get another. It is so sweet. He still loves to help unload the dishwasher too. Tonight he was trying to put clothes in the washing machine for me. He is a good natured and kind little boy. He doesn't talk very much, but neither did Anastasia at this age. But he seems to understand nearly everything that we ask and tell him and seems to get along with everyone pretty well.

Anastasia is almost 5 and a half. It is pretty funny because she tells everyone that she is nearly 5 and a half. In her mind this is almost as big of a deal as turning 5 was, or turning 6 will be. I've been trying to explain to her that this means she is halfway to 6, but I'm not sure she understands what a month or a year is, heck, I'm not sure she even understands what a week is! Anastasia is a very good big sister. She watches out for her brother when I'm trying to get things done around the house. She runs upstairs for diapers, gets tissues for her brother, and gets snacks for him. She is still learning to read and has been learning to add numbers and spell some words. Summer is so much fun for her because she can play outside with her friends nearly everyday. In her world, it doesn't get any better than this. She is a good little girl, most of the time she is helpful, and she is even-tempered and good natured. I really enjoy talking to her, answering her questions, and listening to her observations about the world. It is fun to watch her learning and understanding more every day.

I feel really blessed to have two sweet and wonderful kids.

1 comment:

Anne McD said...

How sweet! Your little ones seem so darling!!