5.22.2009

The Garden

Just a few shots of the garden.
I built the bed myself with my trusty drill/cordless screwdriver. That was actually the easy part. Filling the beds with soil was a total pain. Thankfully Joe carried and dumped most of the soil. I still don't think I have enough soil, but I was sick of buying dirt. I should probably go and get some compost or something else this week.

My crazy fence I put up around the garden to keep the dog out. So far it works (most of the time). This is what I have planted - tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini, small pumpkins, cucumbers, lettuce, peas and beans. I have no idea if I actually have room for all this stuff, or if it will all grow. I'll let you know if we harvest anything. :)

5 comments:

Matt and Debbie said...

Awesome!! So I see the pretty white storage shed, but no electric green house. Come on, Torey. Let's see if it's as bad as you make it sound! And pink is not much better at all!.

Torey said...

If you look at the open door of the shed you will see the green color that the whole house is painted. I'm trying to pick out a new house color so we can get started painting soon. Maybe one of these days I'll post a picture. ;)

yer cuz - Jen said...

Look at you, Farmer girl! Impressive - hope you get all sorts of good things out of there!

jordan.krogman said...

Ooooh, you did a great job with this! Awesome! :) I bet you'll have all sorts of stuff growing before you know it.
Now I want a garden!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

wow, i'm super impressed! i love it!!! good luck with everything!