Yesterday (Wednesday) we had a home inspection on the house. Apparently, there are a number of issues with the house. We already knew that the electrical system was dated, but we didn't know that the seller liked to play electrician. So there are a few wires and things that need to be fixed. Tomorrow we present them with a list of things we would like to be fixed. I'm a little scared at what the response might be. I'm thinking these might be the options.
A) Yes, we'll gladly fix all the things that you requested.
B) We'll fix most of the things you requested.
C) We won't fix any of the things, but we'll lower the price of the house and you can fix them yourselves.
D) We won't fix anything and if you don't like it then you can just find another house to buy.
Given that the sellers are older and somewhat stubborn and they happily lived with the problems of their house, despite the safety concerns, I think that they might go with D. Let's hope that they can be reasonable. I'll keep you posted.
3 comments:
Hope it goes good!
Ahhhh, that is such a bummer. But not entirely surprising because (from what I've heard) I can totally picture this old man playing electrician. lol
It's so hard when they accept your offer and you finally get the ball rolling, then you get that dang home inspection report back and think "Yikes! What now?!" There were a few issues with our house, too, but we had good luck with the sellers fixing everything we mentioned. I will hope that your will do the same!!!!
Oh, and please do stop by sometime today! Erin called earlier and I told her to see if you'd want to come and check out all our handy work. It's kind of a disaster right now with painting stuff everywhere, but at least you'll be able to get the idea. Just let me know! I will be gone for a bit while I pick Peyton up from school, but we should be home by 4:00-ish.
Still a buyer's market out there, but when it comes down to individual situations there's no guarantee. Here's hoping!!
Post a Comment