I headed back down to Omaha this past weekend to look for more houses. We were still under contract with the green house but we honestly didn't know how the sellers were going to respond to our electrical and mold repair request (demand). Every house I was interested in turned out to be sold or under contract. I saw a few cute houses that were really too small for us and needed as much updating as the green house. One house had 3 rooms with mirrored paneled walls. I don't consider myself to be superstitious, but I couldn't even fathom breaking 500 or so mirrors to remove the panels. So the kids and I headed back home today and resigned ourselves to buying the green house, if the sellers were willing to cooperate. If they said "no" to the repairs, we didn't even know what we were going to do.
So an interesting thing happened today. Joe met a new person at work. Within a few minutes they realized that she that she knew my aunt and my mom. She grown up in the same town and gone to school with them and she had heard about our move to Nebraska via my aunt and knew that we were trying to buy a house. Pretty small world huh? But then the situation got even more interesting. Turns out she also knows the sellers of the green house. Joe and I both felt that my mom was really looking out for us and this chance meeting seemed to confirm that we were supposed to get the green house. Joe called me late this afternoon to tell me all about this "chance" meeting and about an hour later our realtor called to say that the sellers were doing all the repairs we had requested.
Needless to say, I really feel like my mom helped us to know that this was the right house for us. What are the odds that we would meet a woman that knew my mom, still kept in touch with my aunt and just happened to know the sellers of the house? I think it's Divine Providence. It's been hard not to have my mom to talk to while we have been navigating the world of home ownership, but I'm thankful that she showed us what to do and I don't have any concerns about buying the green house anymore. It will still need some updating but I feel totally at peace with our purchase now. Thanks Mom.
5 comments:
That's so awesome. How wonderful that things seem to always work out. Even when it seems totally out of your control. What an answer to prayer for you guys! I'm excited what this house really looks like. I'm afraid you haven't painted a very good pictures so far, ;) but I'm sure it will be wonderful!!
I got chills reading your post; how wonderful, Torey!
That is an amazing story! I love it when things like this happen; it seems so apparent of God's handy work :)
That was a very happy post. Good for you and your family! I hope it goes through for you.
That is so great. I love how in life there are no coincidents. I'm so happy for you guys. Good look as you prepare to move! I'll be anxious to see pics!
Post a Comment