12.13.2008

Visiting Santa

Today Santa came to town. Granted, he was not the most realistic looking Santa around, but hey, we only had to drive 1/2 mile to see him.
Rafael looking like an elf in his hat. He told Santa he wanted toys which is a request I think Santa can handle, unlike Anastasia's Christmas wish . . .

Anastasia told Santa she wanted a magic wand. Earlier she told me she wants a real magic wand, so she can just get whatever she wants, whenever she wants. I have to give her credit for thinking this one through and figuring out how to get the most bang for her buck, although I tried to explain to her that Santa can't get her (or anyone for that matter) a real magic wand.

p.s. Doesn't Anastasia look pretty in this picture? Her hair was a complete mess and her smile isn't the most natural one, but there is something about the symmetry of her face, or the lighting or something that I really like.

8 comments:

Tonya Bennett said...

Your right about the Santa! I loving your pictures! Your snow day post is great! What are your plans for the Holidays? She is looking so grown up and is a pretty little thing!

Angela Pfister said...

So sweet! This is a great photo of Anastasia - I do think it is the symmetry and the slight tilt of the head. Lovely!

jordan.krogman said...

Peyton was pretty miffed when she caught a glimpse of these. "Anastasia got to go see Santa and I DIDN'T!?!?!" This is a pretty funny Santa, though...definitely youthful. ;c)
And I agree that the picture of Anastasia is particularly pretty. She's got such a classic face...I think your nieces do, too. They're all just timelessly pretty. :c)

jordan.krogman said...

P.S. If you want me to knit something for you/Anastasia/etc., let me know and I'll work on it while we're away for Christmas. I'm running out of projects (if you can believe it!)

Angela Pfister said...

This just dawned on me, but I think the Santa looks like Alfred, the young Santa "apprentice" in the original "Miracle on 34th Street."

Torey said...

Angela,
I think you're right!

Matt and Debbie said...

What a funny Santa Claus! The kids are looking good. I can't believe Anastasia is almost 6 now! Is Joe finding anything promising yet? Matt "works" like 10+ hours a day. It's no fun, but at least we're all healthy so we are thankful. Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

Hi Torey and Joe,
I'm looking at these pictures with Lindy and Warren. They are wonderful!! Give them hugs from Aunt Jo.. Lindy and Warren leave tomorrow. We have really enjoyed having them here for a few days. We had a great time in Cabo and I think they enjoyed staying in Coronado with Bailey. Put some more pics on your blog of all the kids at Christmas so I can see them!!! talk soon...
Love, Aunt Jo