12.10.2008

Snow Day

Yesterday we woke up to snow! To be fair, this is not the first snow of the winter but it was the first real accumulation of snow. Yikes! It's not even Christmas, so I think that means we are in for a baaaaad winter. I am not a lover of snow, although I do remember loving to play in it as a kid. Anastasia, on the other hand, is totally a snow lover. She was out for hours yesterday. It's amazing to me that she doesn't seem bothered by the elements and will literally stay outside forever whether it is 100 degrees or 20 degrees. Did I mention she was playing outside in freezing rain the day before it snowed?

Anyway, I just wanted to capture a few pictures of the kids in the snow. Unfortunately, my rechargeable batteries are losing their ability to recharge and they were dying, again. I could only take one picture at a time before the camera turned off.

Rafael was all excited to go out in the snow, but really didn't like it much once he realized how cold and wet it was. He tried shoveling, ran around a bit, fell a few times, got very upset and then had to be dragged back inside. He stood at the door asking to go out again but when I opened the door he refused to go back out. I went to close the door and he screamed that the door was closed. Oh well. Sometimes you just can't win.
Not the most flattering picture of Anastasia, but it was all I could get.
The neighborhood gang running in the snow.
Rafael looking a little lost in the field of snow.
On a somewhat unrelated topic, Rafael basically doesn't take naps anymore, except when he is simply too exhausted to stay awake any longer. This means he just falls asleep wherever he happens to land. Today he fell asleep in his little chair like this. Such a silly little boy.

1 comment:

jordan.krogman said...

That's about the exact age Emmy was when she gave up her naps, and would do the same thing as him...randomly collapse when she just couldn't stand it any longer! I hope Rafael doesn't choose really BAD times to fall asleep on you (like 6:45 pm!)
I would LOVE a copy of that picture of all the girls running through the snow. It's SO stinking cute! Love how Emmy's bringing up the rear, as usual. ;c)
I'd be honored to knit you a hat as soon as Calvin is finished with school for the semester. Just let me know what style/colors you'd like and I'll whip something up for you!!